Being a Practicing Catholic vs being a Registered Parishioner
1. Attendance at Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation. (We encourage submitting tithing envelopes each week, even when empty. If someone asks if you are a practicing Catholic, this helps us denote regular Mass attendance.)
2. Confession of serious sin at least once a year.
3. Reception of Holy Communion at least once a year during the Easter season.
4. Observance of the days of fast and abstinence.
5. Providing for the needs of the Church.